The Sonia Kashuk Instructional eye palette is compromised of your essential matte neutral shades. The formulas are extremely blendable with a velvety, soft touch and superior color release. The palette comes with step-by-step instructions on three eye looks.
I've been raving about the Sonia Kasuk Eye on Neutral Palette since I've gotten my hands on it a few weeks ago. This all matte palette retails for $19.99 and is available at Target. It contains "neutral" shades running from bone highlight shadows to dark matte black. The shadows are creamy, soft, and blendable and hold up well throughout the day with the help of a primer (I typically use Urban Decay Primer Potion or NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base). The thing I love most about this palette is that it's completely matte. This makes it perfect for everyday use -- whether it be school, work, or just simply running errands.
Each shadow is numbered from 1 to 12, starting at the top left.
- Eye Shadow 1 is a bone color, similar to MAC's Blanc Type or Urban Decay's Foxy.
- Eye Shadow 2 swatches similar to Eye Shadow 1 but a touch more peach on my NC 40/42 skin. This one was slightly less pigmented than Eye Shadow 1.
- Eye Shadow 3 swatches very similarly to Eye Shadow 1, again it's a bone color that is similar to MAC's Blanc Type, Wet n Wild's Brulee is also similar.
- Eye Shadow 4 peach/flesh toned color, similar to the right Eyelid color in Wet n Wild's Drinking a Glass of Shine.
- Eye Shadow 5 is another flesh toned color with pink undertones.
- Eye Shadow 6 is a mauve brown, similar to Urban Decay's Tease, but slightly darker than Urban Decay's Naked.
- Eye Shadow 7 is a medium brown with red undertones, similar to MAC's Swiss Chocolate.
- Eye Shadow 8 is another mauve brown, a touch darker than Eye Shadow 6 in this palette.
- Eye Shadow 9 is a dark brown, darker than MAC's Espresso.
- Eye Shadow 10 is yet another mauve brown, similar to Eye Shadow 6 and Eye Shadow 9 in this palette.
- Eye Shadow 11 is a gorgeous medium dark gray, Urban Decay's Gunmetal is similar.
- Eye Shadow 12 is a dark black, Urban Decay Blackout and MAC Carbon are very similar.
- Great formula -- blendable, creamy, and has great staying power with the help of a primer.
- Easily available at your local target.
- Affordable. $19.99 for the palette, that's about $1.67 per shadow.
- All mattes, all neutrals.
- Packaging is compact and perfect for travel.
- Some of the colors are very similar in this palette.
- I think the "Instructional" portion is unnecessary and makes the packaging more bulky than it needs to be.
Now, for some swatches:
(as a reminder you can enlarge any picture by clicking on it :)
The instructional portion:
Shadows 1-3 up close:
Shadows 3-6 up close:
Shadows 1-6, without flash:
Shadows 1-6, with flash:
Shadows 7-9 up close:
Shadows 10-12 up close:
Shadows 7-12, without flash:
Shadows 7-12, with flash:
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Longevity: 4.5/5
- Formula: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Total: A-
For more awesome drugstore shadows watch my Best of Drugstore Eye Shadows on YouTube.
Tags: SK, Sonia Kashuk, neutral, palettes, dark, gray, charcoal, matte, black, soft, brown, bone, eye, shadow, swatches, review, reviews, mauve, red, burgundy, undertones, pink, flesh, skin, toned, everyday eye shadows, eyeshadow, too face matte alternative, meet matt(e) alternative, best matte eye shadows