Finally! Review 3 of 3 from Wet n Wild's Limited Edition Collection for Holiday 2012: Where's The Party: Drinking A Glass Of Shine. If you don't already know, this is a re-release of last year's limited edition palette: I Heart Matte. I have been wanting this palette since last year, when I couldn't find it anywhere. I think that GOOD matte drugstore shadows are so hard to find. I love using matte shadows to blend (hehe, lazy girl eye shadow blending), and to be able to get 8 matte shades for $4.99... yes PLEASE! So, I was very, very delighted to find this at my local CVS.
In summary, I am loving this palette. It is a gorgeous set of mostly pigmented and creamy mattes. I think that this palette is a staple in any lady's collection. However, I do not think that this is a good standalone palette. What I mean by that is, I don't think it's something I could throw into my purse and be set for the weekend in terms of eye shadow. I do, however, think it complements other palettes very well, mainly, palettes containing all shimmer. But, hey, if you're not a matte eye shadow kinda gal, you could definitely pass on this palette.
- Browbone is a stark white, matte shadow. This looks gorgeous in the inner tear duct.
- Eyelid is a matte seafoam green.
- Crease is a matte sky blue.
- Definer is a matte violet. This one is chalky and the "dud"/least pigmented in the palette. I had to swatch this one a couple of times just to get a good swatch for you guys. Does anyone else feel like drugstores have poorly pigmented purples?
- Browbone is a matte beige shadow.
- Eyelid is a matte peach shadow.
- Crease is a matte deep brown shadow.
- Definer is a charcoal with silver glitter. I don't personally own the previously released version, I ♥ Matte but from what I can tell that version had a matte black. Although, this black is pretty close to matte, there isn't a lot of glitter.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Longevity: 4.5/5
- Formula: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Total: A-
Have you found this palette at your local drugstores? What do you think of all matte palettes?
Tags: I Heart Matte, I ♥ Matte, matte eye shadows, drugstore